If you have an air fryer at home, and salmon fillets in the freezer, you’ve got to try this recipe! These air fryer salmon fillets take under 10 minutes to make, and they’re oh-so yummy.
Why use an air fryer to cook salmon fillets?
There are many ways to cook salmon fillets. You can roast them in the oven, pan fry them on the stove, or even poach it in water.
So, why use an air fryer?
Here’s why you should cook salmon fillets in an air fryer:
- It requires minimal oil. You don’t have to use a lot of oil when cooking with an air fryer.
- It’s fast. Salmon fillets only need 8-10 minutes in an air fryer. It’s the perfect choice for a quick weeknight dinner with your family.
- It’s hassle-free. With pan-frying, you’re stuck babysitting the salmon fillets by the stove. With an air fryer, you can just pop them in, set the timer, and walk away!
How to cook frozen salmon in air fryer?
You can use either fresh or frozen salmon for this recipe.
However, for the best results, I recommend thawing your frozen salmon fillets before cooking.
Should I thaw frozen salmon before cooking?
Yes, I recommend thawing the fillets.
You can do this by placing the fillets in the fridge the day before, so they can slowly thaw overnight. This method requires planning ahead.
If you’re short on time, you can defrost the salmon in the microwave. Remove any plastic packaging, and follow your microwave instructions to defrost.
How long to cook salmon in an air fryer?
This depends on the thickness of the fillets. You want to use salmon fillets of roughly equal thickness, so they cook evenly.
Typically, salmon fillets take 8-10 minutes to cook in an air fryer. The salmon is done when it’s opaque, and the flesh flakes easily.
Ingredients you’ll need for air fryer salmon
You only need a handful of ingredients to make this recipe, namely:
- salmon fillets
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- chili powder
- coarse black pepper
With a few pantry staples, you can whip up a tasty salmon dinner with ease.
How to cook salmon in air fryer
Making air fryer salmon fillets is easy.
Here’s how you do it:
- Wash your salmon fillets, and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Mix the other ingredients in a bowl to form a paste.
- Slather that paste all over the fillets, and set aside.
- Pre-heat your air fryer for 5 minutes. This is an important step. You want your air fryer to come up to temp before you put the fillets in. Just like an oven, you need to pre-heat your air fryer!
- Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray. Don’t skip this step! This helps to prevent sticking. You can also use perforated parchment paper to line your air fryer basket instead.
- Place the salmon fillets in the air fryer, and cook for 8-10 minutes, until the fish is opaque, and the flesh flakes easily.
At what temperature do you air fry salmon?
Different recipes call for different temperature settings.
For this recipe, I air fry the salmon fillets at 190°C/374°F for 8-10 minutes. Cooking time may vary depending on your air fryer model.
Be sure to pre-heat your air fryer before using it. Just like an oven, you want to give it time to heat up and come up to temp. You don’t want to put your food into a cold air fryer, just to find that the food isn’t cooked through when the timer goes off!
What to serve air fryer salmon fillets with
Here’s how you can serve this quick n’ easy air fryer salmon:
- With roast potatoes and a side salad.
- With rice and brinjal sambar (South Indian lentil stew).
- With steamed and sautéed asparagus.
- With a hearty vegetable pilau rice.
- Flaked and in a burrito.
10-Minute Air Fryer Salmon Fillets
- Air Fryer
- 2 salmon fillets of roughly equal size/thickness
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp coarse black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Wash the salmon fillets and pat dry with paper towels before setting aside.
- Mix the other ingredients together in a bowl to form a paste.
- Slather this paste all over the salmon fillets.
- Preheat the air fryer to 190°C/374°F for 5 minutes.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Put the salmon fillets in the air fryer and cook for 8 – 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- Servehot with roast potatoes and a side salad.
This easy 10-minute air fryer salmon is the perfect choice for a hassle-free weeknight dinner after a long day.
Who says you need a ton of time in the kitchen to eat well? With an air fryer at home and salmon fillets in the freezer, you can whip up a healthy and delicious meal in just under 10 minutes!